Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The blue screen of death returns

The blue screen of death popped up on my laptop again last night. It happened in June - just a few days from the end of the 3-day warranty. The hard drive & DVD burner were replaced. Obviously something else is wrong that is causing this. I waited almost an hour for my turn at Best Buy. They are sending it back and hope the warranty will cover it since it is sort of a month (June 25) since the repair. New ones are so cheap I don't want to waste money on repairs.

Rushed to my appointment at St. Paul's with Dr. Irvine, my Otolaryngologist. It was to talk about dizzy spells when I get up off treatment beds - he said low blood pressure. Luckily I had the appointment since I could barely hear. I've been putting olive oil in my ears for a few days and he was able to vacuum them out. Some of the wax needed the pick - arghh. Said to come in more often. Now to turn down all the radios & TV at home.

To Kidsbooks for Lily's birthday presents and then lunch at the Swiss Chalet. Bought pens at Office Depot and some stuff at Mountain Equipment Co-op. Picked Mae up at her bank and drove her to Canadian Tire and home.

Tried to find a cache at Metrotown and failed for the 3rd time. The ultimate insult is there were 2 posts tonight from people who found it easily!

Went to Matt's for Lily's birthday cake and presents along with Andrea's parents. Love it when they figure out there is a present in the paper. She was so careful and slow tearing it all off.

To Pru's for dinner. Chris brought Boston Pizza pizzas. Kathrine flew in from Australia but went straight home to bed.

Was tired so left early. Didn't sleep much last night. Must be a change in the weather coming since my arthritis is acting up in my ankles and feet.

No comments: