Thursday, August 20, 2009

Carry it again!

Matt came over to pick me up and go to Future Shop to pick up computer and deal with broken monitor. The man on the phone said the monitor wasn't covered under the extended warranty. I knew it was and was ready for a fight but was told of course it is covered. I took it over to Customer Service only to find that they had to send it to HP for repairs. I complained to the manager and he offered to sell me a new one and then take it back when mine is repaired. Good plan.

Matt carried the computer up and put all those wires back in but it didn't work. He put it all back in my car and back I drove. Got someone to carry the computer up and started again. They hooked it up and showed me that it works. The new monitor had the wrong plug and we weren't putting it in the video card. Had to take everything back to customer service. They gave me an adapter and helped carry it all down to the car.

Carried the heavy computer up and went to the White Spot for dinner - and a cold beer. Carried up the monitor but too tired and hot to attempt putting it all together!

Started the day with a bit of a headache and it didn't go away!

No comments: