Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Delta geocaching

Picked up Lori and Pam to find some caches in Delta. They already had most of them and were helping me find them. We planned on hitting the old airport but the road was still closed because of the fire danger. We called City Hall to make sure and they said it was still closed even though it rained a lot yesterday. We'll come back another day. Found a couple on the dyke - beautiful walk with lots of birds.

Lori had to leave so Pam and I had lunch at
Oki Doki in Ladner. Lots of food for a reasonable cost. We both walked out full. We found some more caches but when it was time to drop Pam off I realized I'd missed getting through the tunnel before the counterflow lane opened. Found one more cache (#268) and headed for the Alex Fraser Bridge - longer drive but got home without pausing once.

Sean and Evan came to look at my bike and took it for Evan. Too heavy for me to ride, I'd never get my leg over the bar (it is a man's bike), don't have a bike rack, hard to use brakes with arthritic hands... Time to give it to someone who will use it.

No comments: