Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gulf of Georgia Cannery

Had to be up early this morning as they were checking the smoke and heat detectors. Always like to know they are working!

Met Diane and her class (and Theresa with her class) at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site of Canada for a field trip. Very good displays and an excellent film to explain the history of fishing in B.C. and how the cannery operated. I can still smell the reduction stench from when I went to school at Lord Byng while they rebuilt the burned Mort Elementary (now Whiteside).

We then walked to the Steveston Community Centre playground and let the kids eat and play. Diane & I went across the street & I had a latte & cranberry scone for lunch. On the way back to the bus we went along the waterfront and let the kids see the fishboats up close. Saw a couple of swans.

Took a book I'd bought on Italy back to Chapters and exchanged for a couple of history books: A Traveller's Guide to Historic British Columbia (3rd edition - I'll give the 1st away. It has been on the seat beside me on many drives around the province) and Witness to History. Italy now seems too complicated to fit in between treatments.

Stopped at IGA and the library on the way home.

Tommorrw I'll sign up for the clinical trial and get the timetable for the treatments.


No comments: