Monday, May 4, 2009

Bone Scan

Had to be at VGH at 8:15 for the bone scan injection. Nurse couldn't find a vein in my arm and had to use one on the back of the hand - OUCH! Drank a large tea with breakfast at hospital food court and then went to the Cancer Agency looking for a geocache. My batteries died as I approached and I didn't find it. Walked back and drank a latte and then downed a bottle of water. Read the newspapers and then settled into my book. Never have trouble waiting as long as I have my iPod & a book!

The scan was at 11:15 and it was much easier than the last 2 when it hurt too much to lie still for 1/2 an hour.

Had to stop at Staples and Mountain Equipment Co-Op on the way home and was glad they had bathrooms. Bought a telescoping walking stick that my physio suggested for travelling and following Lori's advice, a pair of trekking poles for those geocaches that need a bit of walking to find. I'll not use them until my physio checks that I've chosen well.

Home for a rest and then met Louise, Wanda & Gwen at Primo's. The food and service was good but it is expensive even with my Entertainment coupon.

Stopped at Pru's for a while to say goodbye to Patience (sob) and watch some Houston basketball with her. Pru talked to Gail and it turns out they decided not to come Saturday and aren't lying dead in a ditch!

My neck is pretty good but my sprained right hand is a bother.

No comments: