Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Harrison Hot Springs

I was at the Champlain Heights Library at 10:00 this morning to borrow some mystery books on tape. Stopped at Weir for recess. Should have felt bad about leaving on a holiday as they all went back to work, but I didn't!

Lunch at IHOP in Coquitlam as I usually do when driving to Harrison - the next meal will be free. The drive was cloudy and it poured for the last 20 minutes.

Was able to check in at at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort by 2:00 (it is officially 4:00). Put most of my stuff in my room. Checked that there was a bar fridge and headed back to The Farm House for some cheese - I like the Alpine Gold.

Sat in the lobby and read my library book, The Secret Lives of Saints: Child Brides And Lost Boys In A Polygamous Mormon Sect by Vancouver Sun writer, Daphne Bramham. Afternoon tea was served at 4:00. I had a couple of cups of tea but no coookies or cake. Then into the pool for a soak.

Dinner was 6:30 in the Copper Room. As part of my package, I have one dinner. It is worth $35 of anything on the menu, but there is a set dinner list to choose from if you want (Table d'Hote). I had

  • Chicken soup
  • Copper Room Salad: Seasonal Greens, Apple Cider Vinaigrette
  • Glazed Wild Pacific Salmon with an Orange Chili Glaze
  • White & Dark Chocolate Terrine with Tart Raspberry Sauce
  • I added a martini - my first drink since August!

Of course, being fuzzy with the lack estrogen, I left my bag with my drugs behind in the restaurant instead of taking the pills with the meal. Duh.

The wireless only works on my bed, so I have my laptop on a big footstool in front of the blazing fire in the lobby. I am going to settle back into my book and Scrabulous games.

Life is good!

No comments: