Thursday, April 24, 2008

Discombobulated

A really discombobulated day!

I picked up Mae and went to the Cancer Agency. I had my blood tests and an EKG at 9:00.

Relaxation was perfect!

Remembered to bring all my pill bottles and packages but forgot the daily diary! Stopped at the new Starbucks on Oak Street & 67th Avenue for a latte & snack.
Stayed home for about an hour and then back to the Agency.

Saw the Trial Nurse and my Oncologist at 2:00. The blood tests that were back looked good and the physical exam was pretty good. I will have to have a scan on my leg to make sure the pain I've developed in the left calf isn't anything serious.

I'll have a CT-Scan in another month to see if the drugs are having an effect. I also have tumour markers this time and they are following those as well. I had to wait about 1/2 hour for my prescriptions to be filled.

On the way home I thought I'd show that I think that this treatment is going to work and bought 2 pairs of shoes at Kintec Footlabs. Since I bought my orthotics I get a 10% discount. The more expensive pair was my 5th purchase, so it was 25% off!

After stops at Granville Island and London Drugs, I was glad to get home.

I had lasagna and asparagus for dinner and managed to blow the fuse in the kitchen. Luckily Nancy had extras since the freezer was on that circuit. A perfect ending to an odd day!

No comments: