Saturday, March 8, 2014

On with the plan

Was at the Cancer Agency for a bunch of bloodwork at 10:00.  Stayed for a cup of tea and then on to Fairmont for oncologist appointment at 11:30.  I knew something was up when I had a bone scan because the radiologist was called and they did extra testing.  Turns out they were trying to find the cancer they'd seen a while ago in two ribs.  No sign of it now and I passed the bloodwork.

That means all the pain I'm having isn't that.  Karen thinks the tumours are pushing and pinching things they shouldn't.  Might even have some cancer in the nerves.  The photos they took of the leg tumour are now useless as it has really grown.  Will redo them before the chemo,

Treatment are at 2:30 on Monday and Tuesday,  Have to stay away from pregnant women and babies.  Really weird knowing I'm getting a live virus on purpose.  My nurse called to tell me I might have fecpver and chills for a couple of days and I'm to call if it lasts until Wednesday.  I've arranged my rides with the Freemasons for both days.  They'll pick me up and I just have to call when finished.

Did a bit of shopping at Granville Island and came straight home.  Really tired and keep dozing off.  Advil is settling down the ribs so I can go to bed now.

No comments: