Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Safety Check

This morning I had to be at the Cancer Agency at 7:45 for bloodwork.  The nurse drew 13 vials!  The lab said it should have been 1 more but decided to make do.  Hassle to go back and use the port again.  They flush it with saline (through a BIG needle today) and then flush again after the blood draw and add epinephrene.  I have to use the port every few weeks or have it taken out.

Then I went to Fairmont and saw the head clinical trials nurse, a resident and my oncologist for a "safety check".  Karen talked a bit about my new drug.  It is 10 years old and went out of popular use or testing as it is a shot in the muscle of the butttocks.  Now they are looking at it again.  She said they are trying to broaden the protocol so I won't have to pay.  So just who is the Health Minister this week?  She said not to worry that there is now cancer in the adrenal glands and they seem to be able to cope with it.

I had been fasting since last night so I had brunch at the Sunshine Diner.  I decided to buy myself a Christmas present since the insurance money will be in my hands soon.  Patrick recommended Watch It! on 4th.  The clerk spent a good 1/2 hour advising me and we settled on a Casio G-Shock.

Two more nearby stores and my shopping is done.

Glad to get home and dozed a bit this afternoon.  Glad that Matt cancelled going to a movie as I would have fallen asleep.

No comments: