Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PET Scan

Set my alarm so I could eat something at 7:30 and then had to fast until my PET Scan at 1:45.  First one of these I've had.  The isotopes stung a bit but only for a few seconds.  Always glad when they can find a vein in the elbow joint! I've lost about 10 pounds according to their scales.

The scan itself is nothing, it was having my arms above my head that hurt - a lot!  I have another on Thursday and they will put me through backwards so I can lower my arms when they are clear of the machine.  Got back to my car at 5:00.  The parking was $15 but they are going to pay for it this time.  The money is from the U.S. and there is enough for this.

Had to eat right away to get my organs moving again to clear out the radioactive stuff so stopped at Max's deli for take-out.

No comments: