Friday, December 3, 2010

2nd PET Scan

Had to be at the Cancer Agency at 7:45 for a PET Scan using glucose this morning.  Painful being up that early but the fasting is easier.  Sat for a while and then they hooked up an intravenous.  Another wait until the isotopes were ready.  I then had to sit quietly for an hour.  No reading but I brought classical music on my iphone.  The scan was shorter than Tuesday's and they put me through head first.  That way I could move my arms as soon as they were clear.  It is really hard lying on the skinny little strip of metal with my arthritis!

Picked up my FASLODEX (fulvestrant) at Macdonald Pharmacy.  The cost is $700 an injection and I paid 30% of that.  The drug company will pay part of that for me.  Had to have it in my fridge within the hour.

Needed to stop at a coffee shop for the bathroom on the way home.  The line was slow so I went to Characters for a latte & cinnamon bun.

Didn't do much the rest of the day.  

Connie had her twins - 6 lb 1 oz and 4 lb 15 oz.


No comments: