Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Toothless

Slept pretty well in my Lazy Boy.  Watched soccer when I woke up and called the dentist when they opened at 7:45.  They fit me in at 3:15.

Ate some yogurt and finished the soup at lunch.  Tooth still painful to touch.  Picked up a library book on the way to the dentist.

Suzy Hupfau is the best dentist!  She took an x-ray and couldn't see anything wrong.  Froze my mouth and took the cap off, hoping to just put it back on again.  I could tell right away things weren't good.  The tooth was broken off at the gum line and couldn't be fixed.  She took it out and the nerve was exposed.  No wonder it hurt!

She tried to get the root out for quite a while but it wouldn't budge.  She then asked the assistant to call Dr. Slemko, an oral surgeon next door.  He was in the hallway on his way home when they caught him.  Suzy took me next door and he went to work.  He finally had to drill it apart and take out the pieces.  Worth every penny of the $320 to get rid of the pain.


Came straight home clenching a bloody gauze between my teeth.  Looked a fright!  Can't eat real food for a few days.  Found a box of pudding to make with milk and that was dinner.  Not really hungry.  

I have Tylenol 3s and will take then just to keep the pain away.  It isn't bad at all tonight.  I won't take them in the morning until I've gone to Safeway to load up on liquids and soft things like ice cream.


No comments: