Friday, June 4, 2010

Dinner with the girls

Slept in this morning - best part of being retired.

The sun was shining but I stayed home until the semi-finals of the Scripp's Spelling Bee were done.  Laura Newcombe, from Toronto, made it to the finals.  I set my PVR and headed out.

Found 2 new caches that were hidden last night.  The first was on River Rd. in Richmond and I ran into Pam trying to open the box.  We got it open and signed the log.  I then headed over to Mitchell Island and found a micro in line with the old bridges that used to connect Fraser St & No. 5 Road.  The 3rd I found was near Willingdon & Kingsway.

Met Andrea, Sadie & Lily at the White Spot on Lougheed.  Amazing how Pirate Paks have stood the test of time (42 years).  I remember the original pirate chest at the doorway of the old dining room.  You got a prize from it if you finished your meal.

No comments: