Sunday, May 2, 2010

Car woes

Saw a couple of new caches appear this morning that were close to home.  Flubbed both of them but decided to keep trying as long as I didn't get too wet.  Stopped at the Waffle House in New West for a waffle.  I found 5 (698) and was on my way home when disaster struck.

My car died at a light and I restarted it thinking that it was odd but quickly forgot it.  A few blocks later it felt like I'd driven over something.  I was in the inside lane of the Lougheed Hwy near Ikea in Coquitlam.  Then it felt like a tire had gone flat and I was driving on the rim.  I forced my way across traffic and made it into a lot.  The tires were fine so I knew I was in trouble.  Luckily I do have BCAA and the woman was very helpful.  She knew exactly where I was and the truck arrived in about 15 minutes.

You could see the transmission fluid flowing across the lot and the driver thinks the transmission had split in two.  He asked if I'd been in an accident.  This could be part of the October 2008 bus crash!  He suggested taking it to Dean Brothers Collision instead of Toyota so he hauled it up on the flatbed and took me along.  It cost $40 but left me with an easy walk home instead of a long cab ride.  I put the keys in an envelope and stuck then through the mail-slot.  I then trudged the few blocks home in the rain.


No comments: