Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Disappointing trip downtown

Took the Canada Line to the Cancer Agency this morning for a meeting of the Metastatic Cancer Support Group.  Nothing beats being in the same room with others who share your experience.

Continued downtown and was ticked off to find most of the Olympic buildings were closed for the day.  No reason for this other than another slam at the Paralympics.  The line was too long at the Mint and the Bay so I went down to Hastings and the Northern House.  I asked the girl at the door where she was from and I knew she was thinking I would know Fort Simpson, NWT.  Imagine her surprise when I told how I had been there in 1966 for a week.  It was a Centennial Exchange Tour between Grade 11 & 12.  They have a building full of interesting displays, stuffed animals and art.  Well worth the visit.

Had green beer and a bison burger for lunch at the Transcontinental.  Good food and service and I loved the decor.

The stupid Liberals are still telling the VSB to tear Carleton's old building down.  There was a rally today but I didn't know about it.

No comments: