Monday, March 8, 2010

BCTF AGM

Up early to chug a liter of water before a CT Scan at the Cancer Agency.  I always go straight to the chair with a heating pad to warm up the arm.  The tech actually managed to find a vein today!   I went back home for a few hours as I knew I'd need to be close to the bathroom.

Rode the Canada Line downtown to listen to the pension debate at the BCTF AGM.  I wasn't an RTA delegate but wanted to take notes for the Tabloid.  Good to see so many old friends.  The debate dragged on with the same old people wanting to hear themselves talk.  We adjourned for dinner at 5:45.  I went with VESTA to a Japanese restaurant but left when I saw I'd have to crawl into the table.  My legs are too stiff by the end of the day for such things.  Tried the Keg but left when I saw the prices.  Ended up in the Cactus Club and someone from VSTA noticed me sitting alone and asked me to join them.

Back to the meeting at 7:30.  Two hours later they were still talking and will try again tomorrow!

I walked back to Granville & Georgia and the Canada Line and was home in 1/2 an hour.  Walked 3.71km.

Glad to see Pam logging caches in Arizona and Lori in Hong Kong, Macau and India. 

Really pissed off that the government has told the VSB to tear down the heritage building at Carleton. 
 

No comments: