Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tulips

Chris picked me up at 9:30 and then we (Patience & Pru) stopped at my local Starbucks to load up and headed south. It took about 1/2 an hour to cross at the truck crossing.

Our goal was Roozengaarde which I had programmed in my GPS on my last visit. The others hadn't been to see the tulips before and were suitably impressed. Entry is only $4 and that get you parking across the street from the gardens and later at the fields.

We started with a tail-gate picnic of leftover ham sandwiches and potato salad that was scrumptious. Then spent a couple of hours taking photos of the 3 acres of tulips. Most of the tulip fields are gone but we still found some after a short drive - bloom map.

Stopped in La Conner and I disappeared to find a geocache near the City Hall - my 1st US find and #113. Explained to the man living across the street who thought I might be picking tulips. He thought geocaching was a great idea and will not worry when he sees people skulking around the sculpture in the little garden. Found everyone again in the stores.

We had dinner at Shari's Restaurant near Bellis Fair (which is bankrupt).

Home at 8:15 and tired. Knees don't like long car trips and it was painful getting in and out. I was fine once I started walking.


No comments: