Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday party

I did nothing all day but read the newspapers and watch stuff I had taped during the hockey games. At 5:30 I returned my library stuff and picked up The Russian Album - Ignatieff's story of his father's family.

Arrived at Pru's for my birthday party at 6 and there was Patience. Her grandson had emailed me to say she wasn't calling on my birthday from Houston because all the rain had knocked out her phone. She has been hiding in Pru's basement! A perfect surprise.

They had organized a great party with lots of wonderful food. Many friends and family members came - Jesse, (Luke phoned from Australia), Chris, Patrick, David, Elaine, Rick, Matt, Sharron, Georgina, Lori, Anni, Marilyn, Jane, Moira, Mary, Maureen, Louise and many Sandhu's. Judy and Patience helped Pru with the cooking - there was a pile of food that flowed all night, as did the wine.

It felt like Christmas opening all the presents. Even some Euro's and a map of Venice to tempt me into joining Moira et al at a conference in Italy in August.

It is so nice to still have birthdays and I enjoy every one of them. I am counting on a good appointment with my oncologist Monday that will mean having some more of them.

No comments: