Friday, April 17, 2009

Long Day

Up early for the 10:00 COSCO (Council of Senior CitizensOrganizations of BC) meeting at the Hastings Community Centre. Rafe Mair was the guest speaker from the Save Our Rivers Society. He convinced me of the problems with the run of river proposals and the destruction of BC Hydro. Nice to hear that voice again.

A group of us had lunch at Tom & Jerry's and then I headed off to find some geocaches in Burnaby. Failed on a few and now have 110.

Didn't see the point in driving home and back to Burnaby again so killed enough time that I ended up at the Burnaby Keg at 4:30. Sat and read the paper until the others from the BCTLA Executive arrived at 5:00. I had Sirloin Oscar (Grilled top sirloin topped with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and Bearnaise sauce). Put the whole bill on my credit card for the points.

We had our Executive meeting at the Metrotown Hilton and worked until 10:00. I was bad and watched the Canuck's playoff game live on my netbook. Might have gotten away with it but I yelled when the 1st goal was scored. Three of us have birthdays this month and were given cards, balloons & cupcakes.

Finally home at 10:45.

No comments: