Saturday, August 16, 2008

HOT

A really hot day and I ended up going out 3 times instead of just sitting on the balcony with my lemonade & book.

Didn't like the leather case I bought for my iTouch so took it back to Best Buy. Ordered a wireless router & the Geek Squad is coming to set it up. The installation special included a free router and is actually the cost of the router without installation. I tried a cheap one and it kills the signal enough that I can't watch TV or listen to radio on my computer. This will also work with my laptop & iTouch. Several of the iTouch programs need wireless to work.

Then I put the iTouch in the replacement leather pouch only to find it didn't fit and I couldn't get it out. Back to Best Buy and the returns clerk forced it out. I'll wait a bit to see if new containers are put out.

Picked up Mae at St. Paul's at 7:00. Connie has been in the hospital for over a week now and everyone is really getting worn down. We had dinner at Zeffirelli's on Robson.

The Cactus Club downstairs has free WiFi so the iTouch actually worked. We could see a Canadian on the bar TV getting a medal so I went to CBC to find that it was Ryan Cochrane from Victoria. Then we saw Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal. The restaurant erupted into chears and applause. Couldn't have been louder if we had been in the U.S.

No comments: