Friday, August 1, 2008

Home

Cariboo Trip

I arrived back home at 19:00 after a total of 860 km this week. Today was a day of extremes. It was cloudy and chilly in Loon Lake but reached 25 by Lytton. Then it dropped to 17 at Boston Bar and the wind started blowing. I bought some Siska First Nation Huckleberry Jam and Herbal Tea (Huckleberry, Mint, Plantain & Red Raspberry). I must look for more Siska Traditions products.

Stopped near Boston Bar for a Buffalo Burger. The weather wasn't too bad until past Hope. Then I was in a massive rain storm that was scary to drive in. I tucked in behind a semi and just let him set the pace and guide me. At times you couldn't see the roadway. There was nowhere to safely pull off. Had to stop at Chilliwack Airport for a piece of raspberry pie to recover.

Stopped outside Chilliwack for bread, corn and raspberries and stopped at Pru's to share - I also had carrots, cucumbers & peaches from Ashcroft.

Finally ate dinner at about 21:00 after carting everything upstairs, reading the papers & having some wine - corn, carrots, tomato sandwich, peaches & raspberries. Thought I'd celebrate BC Day with BC goodies.

So glad to see a real Scrabble game on Facebook! I am already playing several.

No comments: