Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crash

Today started out with a bang - literally.

I was listening to the news in bed and still half asleep when I heard a crash. A silver Dodge Caravan (?) was sitting next to a Honda SUV and then drove off. I could see that the passenger side front tire was shredded and the door panel ripped open. The first thing was to call 911 while I could still remember most of the licence plate number.

I went down and put notes on half a dozen cars that had been hit, from the corner of Marine & Laurel up to my building. This is why I park in the lot in the lane. Owners started arriving and the police came. The driver had been found in Richmond.

Cars, trucks and busses come off the Oak Street bridge and tear up our street to make a left turn at 70th since they can't at Oak & 70th. I have written the city and asked them to look at the problem. Maybe this much damage will get their attention.


Laurel Street Crash

No comments: