Thursday, November 22, 2012

Settling in

Didn't sleep well as I was far too hot.  My two old roomies are always complaining about the cold so I can't crack the window.

Started my new pills this morning. A doctor came to check us all and was impressed by my file. I got a shower as it was my first day. The care aide put in a chair and wheeled me to the room. It turned out to be a big bath with jets.  The chair lifted me up and lowered me down.  I got a shampoo and massage and washed away all the hospital smells.

Breakfast had lots of choices and then there was a group exercise program in the lobby. I am the second youngest and definitely the fittest.

Karen Cordiner came for a visit bearing gifts. We sat in the lobby until lunch.  Nice to see a new face.  Lunch was a pork cutlet and was okay.  Lay on my bed reading and then went back to lobby just as Lori and Pam arrived.

The dunner menu was wrong.  We have had overlooked broccoli with every meal.  This was a casserole of rice, broccoli and once melted cheddar.  No quiche!   Ice cream and tea saved me.  

I haven't tried stairs as the physio was away.  Otherwise I feel pretty normal.  Just some side effects from the drug.   I don't think I'll be here long.  


No comments: