Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New plan

Saw Karen this morning.  She is pleased with the results of my last CT Scan.  It is obvious that she was expecting bad news, especially with all the shots of my head.  That part was normal but the tumour in my adrenal gland is growing.  There is also a new spot in the upper left lung.  It might not be cancer so they are going to watch it for a bit.  My tumour markers have finally stopped going up.  

We spent some time discussing options.  We finally decided that it wasn't time for the heavy chemo yet but it was time for change.  I am now on Tamoxifen again.  I took it from 1993 to 1998 as a preventative and the cancer was out of sight.  Who knows what it will do this time.

Dropped off the prescription at the Cancer Agency (at least this time it is paid for) and picked up Mae.  We had breakfast at Solly's and then I went back for the pills.

Met Pam and Lori at Cypress Bowl.  Actually walked nearly 700 metres up to one cache.  Wonderful view!  We stopped at the White Spot for lunch and finished up on the Baden Powell Trail near Capilano River.

The exercise felt good after a few stressful days.

No comments: