Friday, November 19, 2010

Red Cross goodbye

A plumber came to several apartments and bled the hot water heater lines to get rid of air bubbles so I now have heat.  The landlord came to check on it and changed my hall light that was too high for Mel & I.

I had cancelled going to a Red Cross meeting tonight to say goodbye to the other supervisors.  I thought I would need drugs to tolerate the chemo & couldn't drive.  I called Monday to say that the treatment was cancelled and Karen was going to get back to me if they could put me back on the agenda.  She didn't remember to do that and called at 6:30 to see where I was.  I made it by 7:10.  Barry, a retired staff member I worked for came and made a very humbling speach about my work over the years - I started in the 1980's.  They gave me presents & a certificate and the other volunteers gave me a big bouquet.  I will miss volunteering there but don't have the stamina to commit to long shifts for days at a time.

Barrry took me to the White Spot for coffee afterwards which turned out to be dinner when I said I hadn't eaten yet.

It snowed all the way home!

No comments: