Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bad reaction

Arrived at the Cancer Agency at 9:30 for bloodwork.  Lost my parking ticket and spent far too much time looking for it.

I have been in the trial now for 19 months but today I get the real thing - AMG 479.  For this 1st bag, the drip took an hour instead of 1/2 an hour.  I had a metallic taste in my mouth for a bit but breezed through it.  About 10 minutes into the hour observation time, I started feeling odd.  I went to the bathroom a couple of times but then started shaking and got very cold.  The nurse called for help and started a bag of benedryl.  The doctor came and they added something else & Gravol.  Another nurse arrived with hot blankets to wrap me up.  I shook for about 20 minutes.

All these drugs meant I couldn't drive home so I stayed until Darline and Mae were finished their Therapeutic Touch clinic and Darline drove my car.  The went home by Canada Line.

I am tired tonight and have slept quite a bit since this happened.  I did call my trials nurse and she doesn't think that the doctor will stop the drug but I'll probably have benedryl before they start it.  This means no more driving on that day.


No comments: