Sunday, February 14, 2010

Women's hockey

Went to Zellers and the Bay early this morning to buy some tops to wear.  Came home for a while and then headed downtown on the Canada Line.  Tried meeting Mae but she was stuck in long line at her station.  Walked around and took some photos.  I hope the courts come down hard on the anarchists who wore masks, used spray paint, had a ladder to push police back and had rocks in socks to swing at windows.  They can't claim that it wasn't planned and need to be kept in jail until they agree to stay out of Vancouver.  A bunch of cowards hiding behind masks.  I have marched to protest and I did it a couple of times when it was illegal but I always did it with my face uncovered and was ready to be arrested for what I believed in.
Took Canada Line to Waterfront and then Skytrain to Stadium.  Finally got in touch with Chris and he was still at home.  I went into Tinseltown to sit while I waited and had some Chinese food.  It was full of stuff for Chinese New Year.

Finally met up with Chris and we had to stand in long lines to go through security.  Kathrine and her boyfriend met us at our seats.  What a wonderful game.  The shots were Canada 67 Slovakia 9 and the score was 18-0.  Our goalie kept doing exercises to keep limber and warm.  The Slovakia team skated around as they left and waved at the crowd.  Lots of cheering for them.

On the way out we met Daniel who was volunteering.  Chris took us all to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory.  We watched the Canadian win Silver on the moguls as we waited for our table.  It was in the bar so we could keep watching events.

On the way to Waterfront, we ran into Jessie.  Amazing when you consider how many people were downtown.

Three of us got on the wrong bus in the Cambie Loop.  Not used to the same number going both directions.  We got off and tried again.  The final stop was right at the end of my lane so it was pretty easy.  I walked further when I had to catch the Oak or Granville buses.

Today I walked 6.07 km.

No comments: