Friday, February 26, 2010

Sore ribs

Arrived at the Cancer Agency early for my bloodwork but the nurse who saw me come in checked my name on the chemo list instead of the one for a blood draw.  Another nurse who knew me figured out the mistake after a while.

Saw my nurse and told her that the ribs on my right side started hurting yesterday and kept me awake last night.  She called Dr. Gelmon and she immediately sent me for X-rays of the ribs and chest.  Still haven't heard from her so that probably means nothing drastic is wrong (except my sticky g key).  I am to take Ibuprofen for a bit.
The trial people sent out a warning that 9 people have developed blood clots.  I guess that makes me #10!  They will reword the consent form and I'll sign it when it finishes going through the approval process.  My treatment went well today and I saw Mae and Darline a few times.

I was able to follow the curling on my iPhone and watch some of the skiing in one of the lobbies.  I stopped at Safeway for pills and groceries and headed home for the next events.  Loved watching the Women win the first hockey gold ever won in Canada!

No comments: