Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blood clot

Gave several vials of blood at 9 this morning.  Didn't want to keep paying for parking so left, looking for a place for breakfast.  The VSB was full so I went to Kits Coffee Co on 4th for tea and a cinnamon bun.

My oncologist was away so I saw another one.  The resident who saw me first scared me.  He was reading the CT Scan results and holding it for me to see.  It looked like I had lung cancer, but of course didn't.  It did show something on the pelvis/thigh that they were concerned about and recommended an X-ray.  There is also a blood clot on the Port-a-Cath that has to be looked at.  The resident wrote up an order for an X-ray today but the doctor said to wait a day. 

Met Pru on Commercial Drive for lunch and did some shopping at Oakridge.

The doctor called at 4:30 to say the radiologist took another look at Monday's CT Scan and did not see a problem with the thigh.  CT trumps X-ray so I don't need any more tests.  VGH then called with an appointment to see someone about the clot tomorrow morning.

Tense day!

No comments: