Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from Houston

I am now in Houston visiting family. It was 73 today and drizzly. The sun will be here tomorrow and it is warming up to the 80s. When I first came we were sitting by the pool in our shorts.

Tonight we are sleeping at my cousin's son's house to wake up with his 2 little kids in the morning. We will go home after lunch and have a quiet Christmas. 16 will be coming to Patience's for Christmas dinner (turkey and pork) on Boxing Day. I have already made my Killer Cranberry Sauce.

We have another family dinner (different family) on the 28th and then leave for Austin on the 30th. We will spend New Year's there and the boys will be out partying.

We drive to Brownsville on New Year's Day and will have 2 days walking across the border to Mexican towns. Back to Houston on the 4th and home on the 6th. Maybe the snow will be gone and we can get to Seattle. Don't know yet how we get home from there.

My right foot is really swelling. Not sure if it is the walking or all the sitting - everything is so far away!

Pru's present was taking me to The Messiah - very impressive!

No comments: