Monday, December 15, 2008

Long Day

There is still ice on the side roads so I kept to cabs today. I'll get the snow tires mounted in January. Thought I'd have to leave early in case the cab arrived late because of the cold but one came before I even left the apartment. It was too early for my physio appointment so I had him take me to Oakridge. After coffee & a scone I walked around the mall.

Went to my VanCity for cash and then to physio. Good work on my sore neck. Then down to CIBC to convert cash to U.S. Wish I had done it months ago! Called a cab and waited about 10 minutes. Went to have my hair cut and then walked across the street to Liberty Bakery on Main Street for black bean soup. Bought some treats for the afternoon and tomorrow's breakfast and then took a cab home.

Called a cab to take me to the new London Drugs at Broadway & Cambie. Again it came before I could even get out of my apartment. Apparently they hang out at the hotel at Oak & Marine. Argued with the driver about where LD was. He got angry when I told him he was wrong. Finally convinced him to let me out at Ash & Broadway. He still thought I had to go west, not to the new store to the east!

Met Louise in the Cactus Club for our monthly dinner. Walked to Heather to buy lattes and then up to the Cancer Agency for our support group. We had all brought goodies (mine was shortbread - yes, I made it!). I think the weather kept the group small.

Cab ride home ($17) should be my last ones! I had mailed the receipts for grocery delivery and physio to my lawyer but had to wait for the last receipt to mail the taxi bundle to ICBC. Will try to do that on the way tomorrow.

I am just about packed for my trip. Pru, Jesse & Lucas will come for me in the morning. One of John's caregivers is driving us to Sea-Tac in his van. Then 3 weeks with cousin Patience in Houston. I think she still has dial-up so I don't know how often I will be able to blog.

No comments: