Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Head Case

Spent 2 hours with a neurologist at the Cancer Agency today. His student did a complete workup. I think I actually knew all the answers (the words I was to remember were face, velvet, church, daisies, red) - if only I remembered everything so easily. I made a story as she read them to me.

I passed everything so the Dr. thinks the problems I'm having with memory are the result of the Arimidex. Just like the chemo brain I had with the chemo and again with the Tamoxifen. My theory is that women are smarter than men because of estrogen.

I am doing the just what he suggests - playing Scrabble & Brain Age - to exercise different parts of the brain. Research shows it helps. Now I don't feel guilty about buying the Nintendo DS.

Stopped at IGA & London Drugs on the way home. Missed the French debate but watched it at 10. Tomorrow the VPs debate is on at the same time as the English debate but again it is repeated at 10.

No comments: