Thursday, October 23, 2008

9 weeks




Little sleep last night. Took cab to The Gordon & Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre. Had X-Rays and then saw Dr. Kelly Ann Lefaivre. She wouldn't have let me leave Emergency without crutches but now that I've been weight-bearing I'll continue. I'll go back in 2 weeks to see if the bone has stayed in place and keep wearing the Aircast when I go out. It will be 9 weeks before I can drive.

Cab to Safeway and filled a cart. By this time the foot was really painful. My old student David from Carleton helped pack everything to be delivered, put me in a chair & called a cab. Turned out the fellow wasn't coming back to deliver for a couple of hours and he phoned to say he put stuff in the cooler so it wouldn't spoil. I always did like him at school!

Was in a lot of pain when and so tired that I fell asleep after the groceries arrived.

ICBC called with the name of the contact from Crawford.


No comments: