Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bad days

My second chemo went well, bit thing started falling apart by Wednesy.  I was taking Methadone with Hydromorphone as a breakthrough.  My Bach was bad all day.  I finally woke up to a team working on me.  The nurse had found me barely breathing. I got 3 doses of Narcan.  Threw up a few times.  Pru was here and helped a lot with cold comprises and her soothing voice. 

The next few days I was pretty dopy and not eating.  I was still getting up to the bathroom,it barely going.  Yesterday I went to Radiaion for some setup CT Scan. Came back and the nurses decided I needed a catheter.  Five of them tried for 1 1/2 hours.  Everything was so swollen and painful.  Time togoback for Radiation with the really good porter, Deepak. Once I was set on the bed it went well.  Some pain at the end that improved when I was back on the stretcher.

A couple of doctors tried the catheter but had no luck.  Was throwing up due to the Radiation.  Finally, a urologist came from VGH with the right tools and had that litle sucker right in. 

Slept well and now not constipated.  

Karen came for a visit. Getting a lot more serious.  Looks like I won't be going home.  Chris and Yuriko brought me a wonderful shawl that Patience knit for me and we talked a bit about palliative. I think I'm ready for it.  We has a good visit.  Pru was next and helped set up for lunch.  I've eaten more today than I have for ages.  

It's taken hours to write this. 

No comments: