Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Little Update

Hi Friends of Val,

It's Lori here, visiting Val, who is in a very deep slumber. We had agreed that I would come here today to update her facebook page...she would talk, and I would type!  However, she is dreaming and definitely not talking right now.  I visited last night, and she was really alert and very talkative.  I thought she looked great, but I'm guessing it was not a good night, since she is exactly as I left her 20 hours ago.
A nurse has been in to let her know that they will be moving her tomorrow (Thursday, Oct. 23) to Saint John Hospice out at UBC in the morning.  She really preferred it here at the Cancer Agency, and would rather have stayed here, but they gave her three hospice choices and UBC was the one she picked.  The address is 6389 Stadium Road.
She has been really appreciating all the visits, and even if she is sleeping, she loves to hear conversations, so just keep talkin'!
The pain medication is doing its job, and she and the nurses have a good proactive system going so there is not much breakthrough pain.  They get to it before it's out of control.  She also has a couple of infections going on, and is on antibiotics for those.  She's a little flushed and warm from the infection, so actually her colour seems good (although I know it's not good, really!)

I'll check in with her again shortly to see if she wants me to post anything else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Lori,

We got a chance to visit Val last week thanks to an alert from Pam. Now that she is moving to UBC I hope to see her again before too long. Hope to see you soon.

Doug (geodug)