Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chemo

Drove myself to the Agency today.  Once again, my bloodwork was booked for the lab.  Went back to 3 and brought the requisition up to 6 where they fit me in to access my port.  The nurse was great and she left the line in for my chemo.  Had to carry the blood back to the lab on 3.

I was fine driving, but finding it hard to stand.  The elevator gods were with me all day.  Had a tasty toasted egg salad sandwich in the cafeteria and headed to the 6th floor loung to wait for chemo in a big, soft recliner.  Instead of reading, I listened to some geocaching podcasts (Podcacher) and sipped mint tea.  Actually fell asleep for a bit.

Woke up at 2:29 and straightened up just as the chemo nurse came for me.  Made a new cup of tea and filled a cup with ice water before going in. Chemo went well and I continued with the podcasts and dozing.

Had planned to stop at Safeway on Oak, but there was parking at Max's.  Produce at the grocer's and treats from Max's.  Dinner tonight was a veal cutlet, tomato & bocconcini salad, fresh corn & a fresh raspberry tart.  More thing left for tomorrow.  Spent a lot but thought I earned it.

I was home by 5:00.  My back and leg started hurting during the treatment.  Guess they didn't like the recliner.  It must just hit the tumours I the wrong spots.  Feeling better tonight.

No comments: