Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chemo, day 2

Always tell Freemasons an earlier time for my appointments, so when today's driver was late, I arrived on time.  Turns out my bloodwork was booked for the lab at 2:15.  The nurses on the ward rewrote the orders and drew it from my port,leaving the line in for the chemo.  Much easier.

Waited in a recliner for 2 hours for my 4:15 chemo.  Good music on my iTouch and JK Rowling's latest detective book on my Kobo.  Dozed a bit.  Met another teacher that I knew in the chemo room. Everyone was talkative so the time went quickly.  Moved into another room near the end so the nurses could start going off shift.  The nurses were good at explaining the treatment side effects - Cisplatin and Gemcitabine.

Finished at 6:40.  Maureen came for me and I was soon home.  Took my 4 pills before treatment and 1 with dinner.  Two more tomorrow.  Hopefully these will stave off nausea, but I am wired.  Ate some macaroni and cheese with a fresh cob and a bowl of blueberries and ice cream for dinner.  Was really hungry.

No comments: