Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Check up

Arrived for bloodwork at 8:15.  It was ordered for the lab and I was able to get it moved to the 6th floor so they could use my port.  Much easier.  Went to Granville Island for bacon and fruit. Nice and quiet early in the morning.

Karen was away but I knew the doctor I saw.  A nurse and pharmacist also talked to me.  The PET scan showed all the skin lessions and lymph nodes involved.  There are some nodules on the back of the abdominal wall and on one lung.  We're going to increase the strength of one of my chemo drugs. I also have some hydromorphone to help with the pain and will be referred to the pain clinic.  The radiation oncologist will be asked about some more radiation to help with the swollen leg.  The tumour causing this has opened a wound again.  I'll also have a biopsy on one of these skin tumours.

Dropped the prescription off at Safeway and was home at 11:30.  Pam picked me up at 5:30 and we went to a geocaching event held by a couple from California at the Burger King near the PNE.  They had no idea how close they were to the fair.  I now have all my geocache souvenirs for August - Traditional, Multi, Puzzle, Virtual, EarthCache and Event.

We had dinner there and Pam went in to grab my pills at Safeway.  They couldn't find them, so had to refill the prescription.  I stayed in the car.  So glad to finally get home.  Early to bed again tonight.  Actually got a pretty good sleep last night.  Let's see if the new pills let me repeat that.

No comments: