Friday, July 25, 2014

Cisplatin

New plan today.  Went to the Agency at 8:00 for bloodwork - 10 vials!  Tried to snag a cache at UBC but couldn't get near with all the construction.  Grabbed a latté and headed to Fairmont to see Karen.

My trial nurse saw me for the last time and asked me the usual questions.  An oncology GP then came in to examine me.  I didn't take an Advil so they could see the pain these skin tumours were causing.  She measured a few of them and went to see Karen.

Karen said emailing was the right thing to do, as she then had a chance to study my file (24 years).   The new plan is a chemo called Cisplatin.  I don't know the schedule yet but should start next week.  I'm on the waiting list for a PET Scan to take a closer look at where the cancer is and a biopsy.  My liver isn't normal but it isn't anything to worry about.  I am so lucky to have such a smart and compassionate oncologist.  

Found an easy cache at Kingsway and 25th.  Dropped several prescriptions off at Safeway - Tylenol 3, a replacement for Ranidine and 2 anti-nausea drugs to take before and after chemo.  Grabbed lunch at MacDonald's and went home to rest.  

Back to the Agency at 4:00 for an ultrasound.  The clerk at Fairmont handed me the order and said it was a PET Scan on 3.  I parked on that level but was sure the PET was on the main floor as it was so heavy.  I was right and moved the car down.  Of course, it turned out that it was an ultrasound on 3.  Arrived right at 4 but there was a problem with the machine.  I always have a hood book!   The test reall hurt.  The poor technician kept pushing on tumours and the ones on my back never let up.  Far too whacked to pick up the pills.  Got home at 6.  

Parking was expensive.  Cancer Agency was $3.50 + $7.00 = $10.50.
I paid with PayByPhone at Fairmont and had to keep adding time.  I made a couple of mistakes and ended up with a ticket.  My transactions weren't all showing, so they said to call tomorrow.  At this point, it is $5.85 + $1.50 + $5.85 + $1.50 + $80.00 = $94.70.  The grand total is $105.20.  

No comments: