Saturday, April 5, 2014

Checkup

Fell asleep last night before the news without blogging or charging.  Woke up at 1:20 and went to bed.  Slept until 9:00.

Bloodwork was at 10:00.  Spent an hour at Kits watching the clouds give way to blue skies and reading.  Started out my doctor's appointment with a long interview by my trial's nurse.  A doctor then examined me.  Karen then came in to look at my leg.  The tumour has been seeping and bleeding where it broke through the skin.  I looked with a mirror today.  Now I know why I didn't look before. However, the consensus was that it is smaller.

All in all, Karen was pleased, so we carry on.  Will start my 3 weeks of chemo again on Monday.  I'll take a Dexamethasone tablet on Monday mornings.  It's one of the 3 drugs I get intravenously before the Taxol.  The delivery of the Taxol will be slowed down.  This, hopefully, will prevent another allergic reaction.

Had a great lunch at the Sunshine Diner and went to Safeway to fill the prescription.  Brought home a bunch of groceries.

Hair is everywhere.  Combed out a bunch at the beach and left it for the birds.  My pillow is now bushy.

No comments: