Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day of Remembrance

Joined other former members of the VESTA Status of Women Committee at Thornton Park this morning for our annual visit to the Women's Memorial.  It has been 20 years since the massacre in Montreal.  It was too windy and cold for our candles so we just placed a flower on each bench.

I skipped lunch with the group and headed to Port Moody and Coquitlam to geocache.  Found 8 for my Baker's dozen - only have 2 more to go!  It was a cold day to be walking around.  I wore my Cowichan sweater and was glad that I had bought the hat to match.  My Olympic gloves were also a big help.

Did some shopping at Chapters and Coquitlam Centre.  Arrived at Matt's for dinner at 5:40.  Gave them my school Christmas collection and a box of decorations.  My cupboards are getting better.  The girls liked the collection of music boxes.

Picked up some groceries at Thrifty's on the way home.  Found a shopping cart up against my car.  It had run down the hill but didn't seem to have done any damage.



No comments: