Friday, December 27, 2013

Good day

Went to Bay to buy Isotoner gloves with rough fingered tips for my toys, especially turning pages on my Kobo.  Forgot my wallet, so back home.  Duh.

Saw Karen at noon.  First time in a while to actually have her do my checkup.   She was really happy.  My tumour markers are down to 15.  The highest has been 350.  She said it was "normal".  This drug is really working.  A bunch of tumours I could feel have gone.  There is still a stubborn one at the top of my leg.

We discussed my side effects: fatigue, sore finger tips, swollen feet and watering eyes that stick shut when I sleep.  I'm to take an extra week off. The dose is lowered and I'm to take the pills for a week instead of 14 days and then take a week off.  Next checkup will be at the end of January.

Not bad.

Bought the gloves and got groceries at my new Safeway.


No comments: