Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another traffic jam!

Had Pajo's halibut & chips on the beach at Garry Point today.  The perfect lunch.  Bought a bunch of produce on Steveston and headed home.  My GPS said I'd be there before 3 but it was more like 6:45.

There was an accident on the Oak St. Bridge and I didn't notice the warning on the GPS until it was too late.  After about 40 minutes, I got into the bus lane and off onto Bridgeport.  Stopped at Starbucks for the bathroom and a drink.  Sat for a while reading and then tried going over the Arthur Lang Bridge.  It was horrible, too.  Cars were backed up in every direction.  Managed to get onto the road to Iona and drove to the end.  Sat on the beach reading.  So glad to have the Kobo with me at times like this.

The downside to this little side trip, is loosing my chair.  I leaned it up against the building when I went into the bathroom and then forgot it.

No comments: