Friday, August 19, 2011

Washington geocaching

Left home before 9 this morning.  The lineup at Peace Arch went north of the duty free, but there were 2 cars ahead of me in the NEXUS lane!

Arrived at the Bellevue Mall, east of Seattle, by noon.  Bought some clothes at Macy's and goodies at Harry & David.  Had a great lunch at Z'Tejas.   

Drove to Redmond and found a cache placed in January 2004 for a challenge.  As I was making notes in the car a security guard popped up out of nowhere and asked what I was hiding.  I tried to explain things to him and he wasn't interested.  He wrote my license on his hand (well organized idiot that he was) and said he was calling the police.  I showed him my maps and offered to show him what was under the lamp skirting but he just stomped off.  He was on the phone as I drove off.   Wasn't going to waste the afternoon waiting for the police who might never have come.

Took a long time to get back to Everett and check in at the Best Western (on Aerogold miles).  I've stayed here before.  The room is nice but someone had taken a shower after it was cleaned.  They redid the bathroom while I was out for dinner at Famous Dave's in Everett Mall.  Looked for a cache nearby but no luck.

The traffic here is absolutely nuts.  So glad we stopped freeways from cutting through Vancouver.


No comments: