Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Worrisome checkup

Went for bloodwork at 2 but the order wasn't for the port so I have to go back in on Friday to have it flushed (must be used every month).  The nurse in the lab found a vein without too much trouble.

Went to Granville Island to load up on groceries while I waited for my doctor's appointment.

Saw Dr. Lilly as Karen is away.  My tumour markers are rising and the CT Scan confusing.  He said it was hard to compare to the PET scans I've had.  We decided to go ahead with Friday's shot and I'm to see Karen next month instead of waiting until September.  He is checking to see if the trial I'm on is planning another PET scan.  I'll either have one of those or another CT Scan to see if they can figure out if the drug is actually working.  Plan D?

At least I'm feeling pretty good right now.  I guess it means not making any reservations for trips until I know the new plan.


No comments: