Monday, April 18, 2011

No hot water

The fire alarm went off just after 7 this morning. I was up and had just turned on the shower. Started dressing and it stopped. Went to get in the shower and realized that there was no hot water. Apparently 4 pipes burst. We saw them digging a big hole out the back of the building later in the morning as they tried to find them.

The hotel has given us a chit for $50 off our next visit and set up a room in the tower for showers. Later they offered to move us to a room there. The chamber maid was happy when I turned that down - she didn't have to make up my room again today. Part of the fun of coming is the old rooms. The pool is fine instead of showers. Hopefully I can have one tomorrow. There is water coming out of the tap now but it is still cold.

We had big breakfast at the buffet and went for a walk around the lagoon. I walked 2.66 miles today! Spent quite a while in the pools with the kids. I just got a latte & scone from the cafe for lunch and read the newspapers in my room. Walked to the stores again and found weighted rings to toss for Sadie in the pools.

We met for afternoon tea in the lobby and then back to the pool for some more fun. What a workout with little kids. Walked to Harrison Pizza for dinner.

Matt got a free movie as part of the package so we watched The King's Speech. Enjoyed it a lot.

No comments: