Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Burnaby Lake bonanza!

Met Lori and Pam at Burnaby Lake for our 2nd Tuesday of caching.  We left Lori's car at the first stop and I drove them around the lake to park mine.  We then walked back to Lori's.  During the celebration of geocaching's 10th birthday, caches were hidden around the lake.  The rules state that they must be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m).  We found a new one every 161 m!

Finally found Lori's car and drove to Lougheed Hwy for lunch at a pub.  Then back down a road on the south side of the lake for some more finds.  Wandered around a bit and then went to Anni's for dinner.  She fed us lasagna and peach pie.  Wonderful!
Lori took me back to my car and we found a final cache close by to bring our total to 36.  This beat my previous record of 28 in a day and my total is now 970.

Had planned on charging my iPhone during the night but forgot to turn on the power bar.  That resulted in the charge being completely drained.  Boosted it with the car charger and battery backup but it finally gave up the ghost.  Must be better organized.

No comments: