Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

Up in time see most of the Canada Day show with the Queen in Ottawa.  Didn't think much of the entertainment.

A weird day at the Cancer Agency.  I told the clerk I was 1/2 an hour early as I needed blood drawn and she told me I was wrong.  She even came back and said the nurse in charge said I was wrong.  I knew I was right so waited until a nurse took me in and she said that she was drawing blood - hah!  

It took a while for her to call the lab to say I was ready and it turned out the tech was already sitting in the waiting room.  The first needle in the port was too small and the blood dribbled out.  She filled a tube with a label and coloured cap and then remembered the first one was to be thrown out.  The clerk was sent to find a replacement with the right colour.  Then the flow was so slow, she took everything out and tossed it.  We started again with a bigger needle and she again forgot the 1st tube was a throwaway.  The clerk was sent to find another replacement.  We finally finished at 1:25 - so much for coming at 12:30!  It was 2:30 before I finally headed back to the car.

Met a couple of neighbours from Killarney Gardens who are on the same 2-week rotation.  Had a good visit before and after the treatment.

Was to tired I just headed home.  Four days in a row at the Agency is enough!


No comments: