Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Checkup day

Had an appointment at Fairmont at 9:45 this morning.  Saw one of the doctors working with Karen.  She was very pleased.  My tumour markers are down to 38 and I'm tolerating the drug well.  I showed her a new crop of tumours on my left shoulder.  Probably skin cancer.  Don't need a transfusion so on to the third cycle of chemo.  Karen stopped in to say hello.  My back has been sore so they booked a bone scan.  Got the call before I got home to say it's booked for Oct. 31st. No waiting when you have the right doctor.

Off to the Agency with my prescription.  It was an hour wait.  Went to the cafeteria for tea.  Had my hand on the cup when I had a duh moment.  Back up to the sixth floor and the free tea in the lounge.  Read for an hour and then picked up the chemo.  Woman ahead of me was on the same drug but her bloodwork wasn't good enough and she had to wait a week and try again.

Couldn't get parked at the Safeway on Oak, so went to Oakridge.  Decided to fill the cart and have it delivered.  Took a BBQ chicken home for lunch.  I'm getting a cold, so bought lots of juice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire you for handling everything so coolly. So what were the results of the bone scan? I hope everything will soon be fine with your health. I know you are strong enough to get through this. Take care!

Romeo Perales @ Primacy Care Associates