Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve

Today was my father's birthday.  He was born December 31, 1910.  Always think of him on this date.

Had a quiet day.  Watched Canadian Junors beat Russia and then watched a couple of Indiana Jones movies.

Went to Pru's at 7 and stayed until 10.  Nancy and her kids are visiting from Texas.  David, Patrick, Kathryn, Lucas, Jesse and Chris were there ith various partners.  There were quite a few others, as well.  Jesse kept feeding us appetizers. He is such a good chef.  My favorites were a salad full of avocado & shrimp and perfect scallops served on a Chinese soup spoon.

Enjoyed myself but left when I got tired.  No sign of roadblocks - I drank only ginger ale.

2013 has to be better than 2012.  I must remind myself not to dwell on my recent illness.  There were so many good geocaching adventures.  We are heading to Portland in a few weeks when I'm feeling stronger.

No comments: